Friday 15 January 2016

Viva Italia

With everything going on and taking it's toll I have been feeling  really low lately and although I spent the summer in Philippines I feel like it wasn't really a holiday or a break due to the circumstances so I thought I'd take some time out and go away for even just a weekend. Fortunately my good friend Ate Glenda was keen on travelling too so I had company. We managed to find a good deal on flights and hotel in Italy for 3 days so I went ahead and booked it for the first weekend in December. As the flight is less  than two hours I did not need to arrange for oxygen this time which made things a lot easier.

Despite not feeling 100% well in myself I did manage to have a good time and it was nice to just get away for a few days, stay in a lovely hotel and do some sightseeing. However, due to my limited mobility and breathlessness I had to take things at a slow pace which meant we couldn't see as much as we could have had I had the energy. Anyway I guess it's a reason to go back in the future and hopefully see more. Now that I know I can manage little trips I want to make the most of my time and hopefully go on more short breaks even if it is just in Europe as there is a lot to see and I love travelling. This year I hope to do a lot more travelling and enjoy myself while I still can.







No comments: