Wednesday 19 January 2011

A New Year! 2011!

We are almost at the end of January and so far the new year hasn't been great. As usual at this time of the year i end up in hospital but this time i refuse to be admitted and just soldiered through my illness. Initially i thought it was swine flu until i started getting all the typical symptoms for cholangitis and my transplant co-ordinator was also convinced it was cholangitis (liver infection). I went to my GP and she started me on a course of ciprofloxacin although i know i really needed ivabs. Thank fully the oral kicked it and worked so as soon as i was feeling better i went back to work as i was getting bored and frustrated. Yesterday was my first day back and so far it is going well apart from the pain which is nothing new.

Tomorrow morning i have the important appointment with the man himself, Prof Heaton as the issues of this surgery has been going on for far too long now and i just need some answers and confirmation from him that i can still go ahead with the surgery before i get to the point were i wont be fit and well enough to have it. I realise it comes with major risks but they are all risks that i have thought about thouroughly and am ready to take and i'm trying to stay positive.

I am feeling very anxious about tomorrows appointment. I just hope he gives me the green light after all this wait. I need my life back and pain to go away.

No comments: