Monday 10 March 2008

My liver Journey in pics & thanks

Here is a montage of my liver Journey in pics throughout my 10 months hospital stay.



I'd like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been part of my journey and who has stuck by me through it all.

Thank you to my wonderful Todd Ward family, where i spent the majority of my stay. You all looked after me so well and made my stay bearable. It makes such a difference to be in a ward where everyone is lovely and you feel comfortable and that surely was Todd ward (my second home). Also to LITU, you all did an amazing job during those crucial moments and one could not ask for a better team!

A BIG THANK YOU to the wonderful surgeons who saved my life numerous times, Prof Heaton & Mr Rela and their team, without you i wouldn't be here today. Also to all the wonderful doctors who have come and gone over the past 2 years and have treated me and become my friends.

To the liver co-ordinators,social worker, dieticien and physios who made my life alot easier during my stay and comforted me when i was down, thank you to you all. I will never forget how much you've done for me. You never gave up on me even when i gave up on myself.

Now to my wonderful family and friends, it's times like these you find out whou you're real friends are so to those of you who supported me throughout everything i love you and i will always treasure our friendships.

Last but not least the biggest thanks goes to my wonderful mum, who never left my bedside, who cried with me through the tough times, who supported and loved me all the way and whom i cherish and love very dearly. You're the BEST mum in the world!

Well, as you know i had a tough year but for every bad thing there is always something good that comes out of it and this time i am blessed to have met so many wonderful people and formed many friendships which i will treasure forever.

1 comment:

fairenuff said...

Yes, your mum is an absolute star. I hope Bethany says the same things about me when she grows up. Please tell your mum I said she is an inspiration.
Love
Sam
xxx